Shop Worms & Home Composting
Urban Worm Bag
Urban Worm Bag
Brand new to the market--a new and improved worm bag system! Free shipping in the continental US and comes with a lifetime warranty on materials and craftsmanship. This item will be drop shipped directly to you from the manufacturer.
The Urban Worm Bag features improved moisture retention for easier harvesting of castings, a sturdy iron frame included, and very simple assembly. Keeping worms doesn't get any easier than this. Empty your kitchen wastes into the top of the bag, and harvest your vermicompost from the bottom. The worms stay on top where the food is, so you do not need to separate worms from your finished vermicompost product. Vermicompost is ready to use on your plants immediately! Zippered cover on top and flap on bottom help keep the system neat and tidy. At just a little over two feet square, even apartment dwellers have no excuse for throwing compostables into the trash.
This system can handle a whole household's worth of kitchen scraps and houses up to 5000 worms, although I recommend starting with 500-1000 worms. I keep one tucked in the corner of my dining room and feed it all our compostable kitchen scraps (that I don't feed the chickens). I suggest placing a mason tray underneath to catch your harvest and ensure your floor stays clean. Overall dimensions 27"x27"x29.75"
Owner's Manual and Assembly Instructions Pamphlet
- Width (including frame): 26 ¾ in (68cm)
- Length: (including frame): 26 ¾ in (68cm)
- Height: (including frame): 30 ¼ in (77cm)
- Bag Only Height: 22 in (56cm)
- Bag Only Width: 24 in (61 cm)
- Bag Only Length: 24 in (61 cm)
- Weight: 7.5 lbs (3.4 kg)
- Weight in Box: 8.33 lbs
- Volume at Max Load: 5.3 cubic ft (122 liters)
- Fabric: 900D Oxford with a polyurethane coating for moisture resistance
- Frame: Lightweight iron frame with plastic 3-way connectors
- Zippers: Marine-grade #8 heavy zippers