*2019 Herb Share*
*2019 Herb Share*
Basic Herb Share—$25/season, 2 bunches of fresh herbs
Monthly Herb Share—$50/season, 5 bunches of fresh herbs, June-October
Twice-monthly Herb Share—$100/season, 10 bunches of fresh herbs, June-October
Medicine Makers Herb Share—$190/season, 20 bunches of fresh herbs, June-October
**Makes a great gift!**
Become a member of the Herricks Herbs & Heirlooms Community Medicinal Herb Garden! By joining our community, you will receive:
· Monthly, twice-monthly, weekly, or pick-two bunches of fresh, organic, medicinal herbs, June-October
· Discounted fee for on-farm workshops, including a “BFFF” (Bring a Friend for Free)
· 10% discount online for our annual seedling sale
· Invitation to participate in seasonal DIGGs—on-farm Day in Greenhouse/Garden
How the Herb Share works:
1. Decide which level of participation (i.e., how many herbs you’d like) suits your needs.
2. Choose the herbs you would like from the list of herbs below and select them when prompted during check-out.*
3. If gifting a share, choose "Gift Subscription, recipient will choose herbs" in the pop-up herb box.
4. On our weekly and monthly scheduled harvest days, you come to the garden and hand harvest your bunches at peak potency. Easy-peasy!
The weekly harvest days are Friday afternoons, 12-3pm, plus a rain day if weather is not suitable for harvesting on a Friday. In addition, the medicinal herb garden will be open for harvest on selected Saturdays and Tuesdays throughout the growing season, dependent upon when the herbs are prime for harvest.
Fresh Herb Share Kick-Off and DIGG Day:
Current and prospective herb share participants, as well as all garden enthusiasts in our community, are invited to a special herb garden kick-off day on Friday, April 19th, 2019, 10am-3pm. This is our first Day in Greenhouse/Garden (DIGG) on-farm work day and is rain or shine. On the agenda is weeding and cleaning up “volunteers” in the medicinal garden, possibly planting out some of this season’s herbs, and potting up herbs in the greenhouse. Bring your hand tools and some pots as there will be plenty of volunteers you can bring home with you from the clean-up.
From 3-5pm on April 19th, we will be holding Herbs 101, an in informative workshop designed to help herb share members make the most of their harvest this season. This special workshop is free to all 2019 herb share participants, and is just $25 for anyone else. Plus, that $25 can be put toward a 2019 herb share if you decide you’d like to participate after visiting the garden and taking the workshop. For more info and to register, click here.
*We will do our best to honor your herb selections, but please be aware that the farm may need to substitute herbs due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this occur, we will be in touch with you to select an alternative herb.
Echinacea, leaf and flower
Tulsi (holy basil)