2019 Herb Share
Medicinal Herb Garden
The medicinal herb garden at Herricks Herbs & Heirlooms is up and running! To foster self-reliance and reduce our dependency upon a flawed and misguided health care model, we think it is important to grow medicinal plants and pass on the knowledge of how to use them. By cultivating these plants ourselves locally, we connect our lives to the earth and to the living beings with whom we share it.
Located in Jamesport, NY, the garden is both a teaching garden and a production garden and it is our hope that we become a community garden for like-minded herb enthusiasts to learn and grow in their journey with herbs.
From folks just starting out growing and using medicinal plants to professional herbalists and growers with vast skills, our certified organic farm and nursery provide the perfect place for our local community to source organic heirloom veggie and herb seedlings, fresh and dried medicinal and culinary herbs, quality soil amendments, and educational workshops.
2019 Herb Share and Garden Membership at Herricks Herbs & Heirlooms:
Help support our goals by becoming a member of the Herricks Herbs & Heirlooms Community Medicinal Herb Garden. By joining our community, you will receive:
· Monthly, twice-monthly, or pick-two bunches of fresh, organic, medicinal herbs, June-October
· Discounted fee for on-farm workshops, including a “BFFF” (Bring a Friend for Free)
· 10% discount at our annual seedling sale
· Invitation to participate in seasonal DIGGs—on-farm Day in Greenhouse/Garden
There are three levels of participation from which to choose:
· Basic Herb Share--$25/season, 2 bunches of fresh herbs
· Monthly Herb Share--$50/season, 5 bunches of fresh herbs, June-October
· Twice-monthly Herb Share--$100/season, 10 bunches of fresh herbs, June-October
How the Herb Share works:
1. Decide which level of participation (i.e., how many herbs you’d like) suits your needs.
2. Choose the herbs you would like from the list of herbs below and select them when prompted during check-out.*
3. On our weekly and monthly scheduled harvest days, you come to the garden and hand harvest your bunches at peak potency. Easy-peasy!
*We will do our best to honor your herb selections, but please be aware that the farm may need to substitute herbs due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this occur, we will be in touch with you to select an alternative herb.
Echinacea, leaf and flower
Tulsi (holy basil)